RARA Basketball Overview:
The RARA recreational basketball program is designed to teach the fundamentals of basketball and team skills through competitive play.
Winter 2021 Session (January 30-April 11)
Registration opens online November 20th!
Click below to register!
Junior Division (Kindergarten-2nd Coed) Saturday - The Junior Division is coed, played on 8 foot basketball hoops which allows for higher scoring games. This league is 3 weeks of practices and 6 weeks of games with help from officials and coaches throughout the games.
Prep Division(Grades 3rd-4th Coed) Saturday - Teams will play 3 practices and 6 games. Although some leeway is given to beginner players, officials will make calls in an effort to teach, as well as to enforce the rules. Coaches are parent volunteers and players will play on regulation rims (10'). Teams may play any style of half court defense in the first half and cannot steal the dribble until the second half. 28.5 inch ball is used for game.
Pro Division (Grades 5th-6th) Saturday - Teams will play 3 practices and 6 games. This division uses MHSAA rules and officials call it by the book. Coaches are parent volunteers and regulation rims (10') are used along with a 28.5 inch ball.
Pro Division (Grades 7th-8th) Sunday - Teams will play 3 practices and 6 games. This division uses MHSAA rules and officials call it by the book. Coaches are parent volunteers and regulation rims (10') are used along with a 28.5 inch ball.
Legends Division (Grades 9-12) Sunday – This is a team registration, Teams must have a coach/manager for their team. Team name and manager must be submitted to RARA for our staff to enter the team into the system allowing players to pick the team name from the drop down menu when registering. Most teams create a Twitter account for their team and follow RARA Leaks on Twitter for live updates, preseason activities and podcasts. @LeaksRARA. All players must be in 9th-12th grade. Teams will have 3 regular season practice and 6 regular season games.
Coach and Parent Information
Please refer to the current COVID rules below for the 2021 Youth Basketball season.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times in the RARA facility (480 E. Second St. Rochester, MI)
- Upon entering the building everyone(parents, players and coaches) must do a self temp check at one of our stations and sign in on the sheets provided on the table. Please do not arrive until 5 minutes prior to your practice.
- Beginning Monday February 8th each player is allowed one spectator.
- When your practice time is up please exit the facility in a timely manner.
- Teams are allowed a maximum of two coaches in the gym during practice.
- Our drinking fountains and vending machines are closed so please have your child bring a water bottle.
- Food is not allowed in the facility.
- Basketballs will be provided for K-8th teams. High school players need to bring their own ball.
- Beginning February 8th teams can proceed with contact practice and competition.
- No handshakes, high fives, fist bumps or elbows
Coaches Volunteer Form
Rules & Regulations
Winter Season Schedules
High School Boys
Winter League Standings