The 2023 CIT Application is now closed and we are no longer taking applications. Please check in next April 2024 to apply as a CIT for RARA Day Camps 2024.
What is a Counselor in Training?
RARA has a Counselor in Training (CIT) Program throughout the summer for volunteers entering 8th grade or older who are interested in learning the employment side of camp. CIT's volunteer their time to help out at RARA Summer Day Camps. The goals of this program are to delevop enthusiatic, motivational, and responsible leaders who will interact with teens, children, and adults to create meaningful relationships. CIT's will gain leadership, self-confidence, develop self-esteem, create a strong work ethic, gain marketable skills, and enjoy recreational activities. They are introduced to what future employment opportunities might look like. They are role models for children and teens in RARA Summer Day Camps and promote participation and teamwork while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
CIT's must be entering 8th grade or higher by the upcoming fall and should have some experience working with children. RARA is looking for individuals who possess leadership qualities, are enthusiastic, and motivated. CIT's must have a sincere passion for working with children and adults.
- Each volunteer will be responsible for assisting with setting and cleaning up all activities and participating in all camp activities, games, crafts, swim time, etc.
- Interact with campers and fellow workers
- Maintain communication with camp counselors and directors
- Project a positive attitude
- Cooperate with fellow employees and volunteers
All interested volunteers will fill out an application, interview, if chosen attend a CIT Orientation, and be scheduled for a minimum of one week of work.
How to be a CIT:
- Complete the Counselor-In-Training Online Application (CIT Application).
- Once you have submitted your online application, CIT's will be contacted to schedule a phone interview (interviews will be scheduled in May)
- Have a parent or guardian fill out the volunteer medical form (CIT Medical Form).
- Attend the in person Counselor-In-Training Orientation (if you are chosen to be a CIT)
- Pay the $18 CIT Fee online before the orientation (includes staff shirt; course #8700CIT under Day Camps)
- Bring your CIT Medical Form to the Orientation