The Rochester Avon Recreation Authority is seeking intermittent part-time Recreation Aides responsible for supporting athletic programs and activities and assisting program participants.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists with the planning and implementation of athletic programs including sports leagues & tournaments, games, and special events.
- Provides oversight and direction of athletic program participants and volunteers; monitors control of athletic games, participants and spectators.
- Monitors various athletic games, operates score clock, keeps score, maintains appropriate records, and ensures adherence to established rules and regulations.
- Performs administrative duties including answering phones, responding to patrons, completing forms, setting up and breaking down necessary equipment, etc.
- Maintains facility order and cleanliness.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must possess technical knowledge of recreational games such as basketball, football, tennis, volleyball, etc.
- This position requires excellent inter-personal, communication and organizational skills and the ability to effectively interact with and contribute to the growth and development of diverse citizen groups.
- Ability to see, hear, stand/walk for extended periods of time, lift from ground to above shoulder, climb, bend, stoop, sit, push, pull, perform tasks requiring manual dexterity and utilize telephone communications.
Requires level of knowledge equivalent to less than high school or equivalency and some experience in recreation, athletics or a related field. Experience with sports activities is a plus. The preferred candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Additional Information & Requirements
The preferred candidate will possess a current CPR/First Aid certification. Work Location: Various Schools/Recreation Facilities throughout the cities of Rochester and Rochester Hills. Work Hours: Typically 10 - 19.5 hours per week; hours are scheduled Monday through Friday 3:00pm to 10:00pm, Saturday 8am-10pm. January to December and may vary depending on events schedule.
Between $8.50 and $12.00/hour based on experience and level of programming supervision. Candidates are required to complete a drug screen and background check before starting work