This league is a social Cornhole league. You will play 3-4 games each night against opposing teams. We will have a final (seeded) tournament to determine the winners of the league!
League Age Range:
21 and up
6 Weeks (5 Regular Season, 1 Playoff)
The Official RARA Cornhole League Rules
- Teams are comprised of 2-4 players. If a team consists of more than 2 players, 2 people must be selected to play each game. Teams may rotate who plays each game in a match but cannot be rotated within a single game.
- At the start of a match, one member of each team will play one round of rock, paper, scissors to determine who throws first. Each round the team who scored points on the previous round will throw first. Teams must also select a bag color.
- Teammates stand on opposite sides, not next to each other.
- Teams will alternate throwing until all 8 bags have been thrown.
- The thrower can not cross the front foot line of the board. If the line is crossed while throwing the bag is removed from play and the turn is lost. Throwing out of turn will also result in the disqualification of that throw.
- Each bag thrown into the hole scores 3 points. Each bag thrown onto the board scores 1 point. Once all bags have been thrown the round score is determined by the difference of all points scored. For example, if Team 1 throws 1 bag in the hole and 1 bag on the board they score a total of 4 points. If Team 2 throws 1 bag in the hole they score 3 points. The final score for the round would be Team 1 scoring 1 point (4-3=1).
- Bags that hit the floor then bounce onto the board do NOT count and should be removed from the board.
- Each match will played until one team wins 2 games. Games are played to 21 (you do not have to hit 21 exactly).
- RARA staff will be on-site to help manage play. Match scores must be self-kept and reported to RARA staff when a match is completed.
Subs & Forfeits
Each team is allowed 2-4 players. If a teammate cannot come, a substitute player may be used. If all players cannot make it, try to send at least two people to sub.
If your team forfeits a match during the season, the following rules apply:
First Offense: Loss of all games and warning issued.
Second Offense: Loss of all games and RARA reserves the right to remove team from playoffs with no refund for games not played.
Third Offense: Automatic removal from the league with no refund for games not played.
Why so harsh? Because if you don’t show, the other teams will not be able to play.
If you know in advance that your team will be forfeiting a match, you are required to email us at helpdesk@RARArecreation.org or shoot a text to
The first 5 weeks are the regular season, which teams will use to establish a regular season record. These records will be used to make a tournament bracket for the final week. All teams play!